Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nubar, a Hidden Gem in Harvard Square, and Molten Chocolate from Finale


For those of you who ask what my favorite restaurant is in the Square, I can answer you without hesitation: Nubar Restaurant in Sheraton Commander. Because Nubar is a little further out from the Square, a lot of people don't know about it, but this restaurant serves some amazing food!


First of all, the atmosphere of the restaurant is noteworthy. The restaurant has comfortable yet contemporary design. The dining room and bar/lounge are divided by a modern fireplace. The lighting in the restaurant reflects its warm, cozy environment. My first time at Nubar was definitely an unforgettable experience, both in terms of its food, service, and atmosphere, so I was very excited for my second time.


I don't normally eat pizza or sausage, but one item in the flatbread menu caught my eyes. I decided to try the Sweet Italian Sausage, Herbed Ricotta, and Spinach Flatbreads ($12). The flatbread was served on a long, rectangular plate and cut vertically into about seven pieces. Each piece had ample amount of mozzarella cheese  with chunky Italian sausages and bits of ricotta cheese and spinach tucked underneath. The flatbread was sprinkled with some basil. The dough was thin and crispy. The flatbread was perhaps in the oven for a little too long because top layer of the mozzarella cheese was slightly burnt.


This is Pat's Littleneck Clam Roast ($22), a dish I wish I had gotten! The round plate had handful of toasted angel hair pasta with bacon, zucchini ribbons, baby shrimp, littleneck clams, and garlic, and tossed with white wine and olive oil. My favorite part of this dish was definitely the toasted angel hair pasta because it had crunch texture. Definitely going for this dish the next time I come :)


The Pan Seared Diver Scallops ($25) had four plump scallops with a ragu of beech mushrooms and a succotash of sweet onions, corn, beans, and fresh herbs. Other than the fact that it was too salty, the scallops were pan-seared nicely with crispy outside and juicy inside.

Nubar on Urbanspoon


For dessert, we went to Finale in Harvard Square for its signature Molten Chocolate ($9.95). This standout dessert is baked-to-order, so be willing to wait at least 15 or so minutes! The warm chocolate cake with a gooey center is served with a scoop of coffee gelato, topped with milk chocolate covered almonds and Valhona chocolate sauce.


Again, I am not a huge fan of chocolate, but I definitely enjoy a bite or two of this dessert. As you dig your spoon into the warm chocolate cake, the center oozes with chocolate sauce like a lava. My favorite part is definitely watching the sauce spilling over.


The balance between warm chocolate cake and cold coffee gelato is interesting. The almonds also add crunchy layer to this delectable dessert!

Finale (Harvard Sq) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment