Monday, October 15, 2012

Savory and Sweet Brunch Menu at Henrietta's Table


When my mom came to visit me from Korea, one of the restaurants we dined together with my friends was Henrietta's Table. I have only been here once during Restaurant Week, so I was excited to try its food when the restaurant isn't too hectic and crowded.


Since we were there on Saturday afternoon, Henrietta had a limited fixed menu. All the items were $17, whether you get seafood or sandwich. I ordered Grilled Swordfish with Sauteed Vegetables. Henrietta's Table prides in its use of organic and locally-grown ingredients. I thought the swordfish was a bit overcooked. The sauteed vegetables were drenched in oil so it was too greasy for my liking. I did appreciate the wide selection of vegetables, which included grape tomatoes, green beans, cauliflowers, and carrots.


My friend opted for the Turkey, Bacon, and Tomato Panini with Potato Salad. This entree was definitely overpriced (not worth $17 for sure...). In between the pressed sourdough bread were smoked turkey, bacon, and sliced tomatoes. I could probably make this in the dining hall. The potato salad was made with red tomatoes with skins and mixed in mayonnaise.


The Crystal Valley Farms' Rotisserie Chicken with Creamy Corn Polenta was a decent serving. I am not quite sure what was on the top of the chicken, but I am guessing chopped celery...? I used to like chicken a lot, but nowadays, I don't find it very savory. I prefer lamb chop :)


My mom also got the Grilled Fish, but she got it with butter sauce at the bottom. I was confused that she had more variety in vegetables. For example, I didn't get a single broccoli!


The only sweet brunch dish on the menu was the Challah French Toast. It had three huge slices of challah bread, smothered in an egg batter and then pan-fried. It was served with glazed and buttered apple with whipped butter and maple syrup.

Henrietta's Table on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment