I spent the weekend at the Boston Sheraton Hotel for the annual Harvard Model Congress conference. On the last night, we had an all-staff catered banquet. Yum!
The salad...probably the most boring salad ever. There were no cucumbers, tomatoes, or bell peppers. Just...greens. Haha. At least none of the greens were wilted.
We had a choice among steak, salmon, chicken, or vegetarian (ravioli). I decided to fuel up on protein and get steak.
I asked the steak to be cooked rare, but judging from the exterior, it looked like it is cooked well-done. Also there was no red blood oozing from the bottom. Disappointment.
The presentation was decent. I liked that the steak was accompanied by carrots and asparagus that hadn't been sauteed in butter!
Surprise! When I cut the steak, it was, indeed, cooked rare. The steak was quite surprisingly tender.
Well, not as rare as I would have liked, but medium-rare.
Since they had to cook something like 50 steaks, I think they might have...boiled (?) it before grilling it to cook them faster?
Hmm I am not that knowledged in the culinary world to know different methods of cooking.
The glaze/sauce on the side was sort of too strong, but because the steak wasn't seasoned at all, it accompanied the meat pretty well.
Yup, definitely not as rare as I would like.
The mashed potato was really dry, but not too buttery. It was garnished (?) with bell peppers and spinach.
I cut up a small slice. When I had this piece, I realized right away that rather than tasting like steak, it tasted more like ROAST BEEF! They cheated us.
The dessert was the heaviest chocolate extravaganza.
It was chocolate fudge cake with thick chocolate syrup on top, drizzled with chocolate syrup, and a side of canned tangerine. Haha.
Too rich.
It had two or three layers of thin chocolate cake with rich cream fillings and fudge in between.
Too chocolatey!
My friend next to me cut the cake so evenly.
A skinny foodie's guide to eating large and traveling abroad. Come #nomnomnom with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Ate My Way Through Very Fresh Noodles At Chelsea Market And I Need Everyone To Know About The Tingly Cumin Lamb
A love letter to hand-torn noodles, numbing spice, and the eggplant dish nobody talks about enough If you have walked through Chelsea Marke...
-
Looking for gift ideas that will actually impress? We've rounded up some of the coolest, most practical items that anyone would love t...
-
From made-to-order, brick-oven pizzas to authentic pasta dishes made with natural ingredients imported from Italy, Margherita NYC is a famil...
-
Experience an oasis of modern Mediterranean cuisine influenced by Italian food and culture. Experience an oasis of modern Mediterranean cuis...


No comments:
Post a Comment