Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Delicious Affair: Hwang Woo Chon (Cow Town)

On our first night in Andong, Dad took the family to a Korean BBQ restaurant called Hwang Woo Chon. My parents come to this place whenever they crave beef because, according to Mom, they serve the most tender Andong galbi.

I was reluctant about coming here because...
1. I don't really like meat.
2. Korean beef is extremely overpriced.
We ordered galbi, which came in at 30,000 Won ($30) per 150 g (feeds about one person). The basic setting featured different banchan. I wasn't too hungry, but I was excited to see the meat grilling on the barbecue.

Waiting for the meat to cook...since I like my beef rare, my wait was slightly shorter.

Wow, the meat melted in my mouth! It was very tasty, tender, and juicy.

The meal was expensive (about $250), and I probably wouldn't want to come again since I rarely ever crave meat, but this is a great place for selective carnivores (but not for voracious carnivores because their wallets would empty out too quickly)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Vegan Restaurant That Made Me Forget It Was Vegan

 A meal at Planta, the plant-based global kitchen where the caviar-topped potatoes are the least surprising thing on the table. Planta bills...